Bambina's Lemony Garlic Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Cook:5 min ( not including cooking pasta)
- 3/4 pound pasta (fettuccini, linguini, angel hair, spaghetti)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil (infused with garlic optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 16 shrimp), peeled and deveined
- Seafood Seasoning
- 1/4 chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4cup dry crisp white wine (unoaked)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Parmagiano Reggiano
- Cook the pasta to al dente and set aside.
- Season the shrimp on both sides with seafood seasoning while heating a medium non -stick sauté pan.
- Sear the shrimp on one side for about a minute in garlic infused olive. oil. Flip the shrimp over add the shallots and wine. Let it reduce.
- Once it has reduced (about 30 seconds to a minute) add the garlic, butter, parsley, basil and a squeeze of lemon and remove from the heat. The heat of the pan will melt the butter without overcooking the butter and herbs.
- In separate sauté toss the pasta in a light coating of garlic infused olive oil, red pepper flakes, and Parm cheese.
- Plate the pasta and top it with the shrimp and lemony garlic scampi sauce. Garnish with parsley and finely shredded parmigiano reggiano.