• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 cup Panko*
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the sauce
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
• To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and rice vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.
• Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
• In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste; set aside. In a large bowl, combine Panko, onion and garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
• Working one at a time, dip shrimp into buttermilk mixture, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
• Working in batches, add shrimp to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
• Serve immediately, drizzled with sweet chili sauce