Occupant attempting to kill bugs accidentally ignites house - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Occupant attempting to kill bugs accidentally ignites house

(PHOTO: FOX19 NOW/ Dave Smith) (PHOTO: FOX19 NOW/ Dave Smith)
ENGLISH WOODS, OH (FOX19) -

Officials believe a man accidentally lit his house on fire after attempting to kill bugs in a bedroom.

Firefighters were dispatched to Baltimore Ave. in English Woods at 11:17 a.m. Friday morning.

According to the Cincinnati Fire Department, the occupant of the house was spraying alcohol to kill bugs in the bedroom. After spraying, an ashtray which contained a lit cigarette was knocked over. The cigarette ignited the alcohol fumes, which started the fire.

The Red Cross is assisting six individuals, including two children, have been displaced due to the blaze.

The estimated damage to the house is $25,000.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Copyright 2015 WXIX All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly