Unattended candle sparks Evanston house fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Unattended candle sparks Evanston house fire

An unattended burning candle sparked a small Evanston house fire early Thursday. (FOX19 NOW/Dave Reed) An unattended burning candle sparked a small Evanston house fire early Thursday. (FOX19 NOW/Dave Reed)
EVANSTON, OH (FOX19) -

An unattended burning candle sparked a small basement fire early Thursday, Cincinnati fire officials said.

Crews were called to the home on Potter Place off Woodburn Avenue just before 4 a.m., said District 1 Fire Chief Greg Potter.

When they arrived, they found smoke coming from the residence and received a report two people might still be in the basement.

Firefighters quickly knocked down the blaze and determined the basement was empty.

No one was hurt or displaced.

Damage was minimal and set at $1,000.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly