Smoke evacuates Sharonville hotel - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Smoke evacuates Sharonville hotel

The elevator motor on the roof of a Sharonville hotel malfunctioned overnight, evacuating guests. (FOX19 NOW/Adam Schrand) The elevator motor on the roof of a Sharonville hotel malfunctioned overnight, evacuating guests. (FOX19 NOW/Adam Schrand)

An elevator motor malfunctioned on a hotel roof overnight, forcing the evacuation nearly 200 guests, Sharonville fire officials said.

Smoke filled the top, 12th story of Holiday Inn off Hauck Road at Interstate 275 about 1:30 a.m. Friday.

There was no visible fire or injuries.

Guests were permitted back inside by 2:30 a.m.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly