SHARONVILLE, OH (FOX19) - A small boy was found inside a vehicle with his father and a second man passed out from drug overdoses at CVS Pharmacy, 4000 Hauck Rd.
His father, Derk Alexander, 53, of Milford, was arrested Sunday on charges of child endangering and illegal use of possession of drug paraphernalia.
The boy shook his father awake when Sharonville police responded. The boy also was seen tossing something into the rear of the car after seeing officers arrive, court records show.
Police said his father was "very dazed and confused" about what was going on. They found a cut straw in the console and one in a bag with prescription medication in the backseat.
Alexander admitted to drinking alcohol and snorting prescription medication with the straw. He told police his passenger, Roger Holtman, bought and abused heroin in the presence of his young son.
Holtman, 41, of Milford also faces drug paraphernalia possession charges. He was found with two syringes he told police he had used to inject heroin, court records show.