Two dogs died and a man was hospitalized for smoke inhalation in an early morning house fire.
Grease caught fire on the stove while a 21-year-old man was cooking inside the residence on Lakewood Drive off Lake Crest Drive about 3 a.m.
Damage was set at $200,000, said Fire Chief Timothy Thomas.
In addition to the adult son, another man and two other people were home when flames broke out.
All safely evacuated, but one of the men was taken to Bethesda North Hospital as a precaution. He was treated and released, the chief said.
Two dogs died.
The fire was under control by 3:30 a.m.
The home had smoke detectors, but they were not working, Thomas said.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
FOX19 NOW is at the scene and will continue to update this story on air and online.
Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Colerain Township police issued a statewide Missing Adult Alert for a man with Dementia.
The dogs’ owner says he’s devastated by the attack and that these are family dogs who’ve never bitten anyone.
The deputy who found the 3-year-old says her condition was so bad that he immediately put her in his patrol car and drove her to the hospital.
The 15-year-old signed each individual letter in every word, also known as fingerspelling, into the man’s hands so he could feel them.