Update: Grease on stove sparked Butler County fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Update: Grease on stove sparked Butler County fire

One person was hospitalized for smoke inhalation in a Fairfield Township house fire early Friday. (FOX19 NOW/Adam Schrand) One person was hospitalized for smoke inhalation in a Fairfield Township house fire early Friday. (FOX19 NOW/Adam Schrand)
FAIRFIELD TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) -

Two dogs died and a man was hospitalized for smoke inhalation in an early morning house fire.

Grease caught fire on the stove while a 21-year-old man was cooking inside the residence on Lakewood Drive off Lake Crest Drive about 3 a.m.

Damage was set at $200,000, said Fire Chief Timothy Thomas.

In addition to the adult son, another man and two other people were home when flames broke out.

All safely evacuated, but one of the men was taken to Bethesda North Hospital as a precaution. He was treated and released, the chief said.

Two dogs died.

The fire was under control by 3:30 a.m.

The home had smoke detectors, but they were not working, Thomas said.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

FOX19 NOW is at the scene and will continue to update this story on air and online.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly