FOX19 - Turkey Ragu by Rachel Kramer from the Glendalia Boutique Hotel and Culinary Studio
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add olive oil. Let oil heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add in onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper. Let sauté until the onion translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey and cook until the turkey is no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in zucchini, squash, and tomatoes, cook another 5 minutes, until squash and tomatoes soften.
- Add in your seasonings, turn the heat down to low and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes until the seasonings develop and the flavors richen.
- Serve warm over your favorite rice or noodles.