Golden Lamb's Seared Scallop
Mixed lentils, fennel slaw, orange emulsion
What you need:
- 3 each U-10 Scallops, air dried in cooler
- .75 C Mixed Lentils, cooked
- 3 oz Fennel Slaw
- 2 oz Orange Emulsion
- 2 Tbl Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbl Butter, cold
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Chives, finely cut
What you will need to do:
- Place vegetable oil in small saute pan over medium high heat.
- Season scallops on a separate plate and place into saute pan, do not move until it is time to flip.
- Heat lentils in small sauce pot, adjust seasoning, finish with salt and pepper and butter.
- When scallops begin to brown around edges, flip, add 1 T of butter and baste. Once cooked move to a paper towel to drain and rest.
- Place cooked lentils in the center of the plate in a long line.
- Top lentils with scallop. Garnish with fennel slaw on top and drizzle orange emulsion around plate.
Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.