COVINGTON, KY (FOX19) - The City of Covington adopted a new parking plan for the MainStrasse neighborhood Tuesday.
Covington officials say the final parking plan adopted by the Board of Commissioners is a blend of off-street paid parking, on-street parking and a residential parking plan.
Here is the Mainstrasse parking plan:
Mainstrasse Lot on West 5th Street : Credit card or coins only
- Hours of operation Monday through Thursday,8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; and Friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- $1 per hour with a $2 max fee
- Monthly passes for residents and businesses will also be available.
On Street pay stations: Credit card or coins only and meters (coin only)
- Initial hours of operation: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday (like existing parking system)
- $.70/per hour
Residential Parking Area
- Passes cost $25 annually
- Bakewell Street will be one way north from West 9th to West 6th streets to accommodate more residential parking
- Limited parking on Philadelphia Street to two hours from West 5th to West 6th streets
The new plan will take approximately 90 days to take effect.