Four people to appear in court after DuBose rally arrests - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Four people to appear in court after DuBose rally arrests

(file) (file)

Four people appeared in court Monday following a rally marking the two-month anniversary of the shooting death of Sam DuBose.

The DuBose family was joined by the families of John Crawford, Samantha Ramsey and Tamir Rice for the Sunday night rally. More than 100 protesters began the march at the University of Cincinnati Police headquarters. The march went down Vine Street and wound its way back to the UC Police Department.

The march started peaceful but ended with four people arrested.

A video posted online shows a Cincinnati police officer chasing after a man then deploying a stun gun. According to the police complaint, Daniel Joseph "refused to get out of city street when ordered."

It went on to read in-part that Joseph was in the middle of the street obstructing vehicle traffic.

Another video posted online shows an officer pushing the crowd back after the tasing.

"I was there taking photographs for some alternative media outlets, saw a friend of mind, Talis Gage, being arrested,” said Jordan Freshour. “I immediately step to the side and started photographing his arrest and it wasn't 30 seconds later, you can see the videos a gentleman points at me as to say he's next,”

Freshour, who says he is an independent photojournalist, was arrested. He said he doesn't know if it was because of his camera that he was arrested.

According to court records, Freshour was arrested for obstructing official business.

He said he was getting ready to leave and claims he did not seek out confrontation or hear about the stun gun incident until he was in custody.

The police compliant stated that Freshour refused the order of a police officer to remove himself from the street to the side walk.

"I think in that high tension environment, the cops were afraid of the protestors and that jaded their decision making,” said Freshour.

Joseph, Gage and Benjamin Virnston all refused to leave the street when told to, according to the arrest reports.  All also face various charges including obstructing official business.

FOX19 NOW reached out to police on the matter. We also sent them video of the incident are are waiting to hear back.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly