FBI: Blue Ash man harassed teens for nude pics - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

FBI: Blue Ash man harassed teens for nude pics

Bryan Harris (Provided by the Butler County jail) Bryan Harris (Provided by the Butler County jail)

A 27 year old Blue Ash man faces federal charges after authorities say he used Facebook to repeatedly harass several juveniles and women for nude photos.

Bryan Harris is scheduled for a 1:30 p.m. arraignment Wednesday before U.S. District Court Judge Stephanie K. Bowman following his indictment last week on two counts of coercion and enticement. Coercion and enticement by means of interstate commerce is a crime punishable by up to 20 years in prison and coercion and enticement of a minor to engage in sexual activity carries a maximum life sentence, with a mandatory minimum 10-year sentence, according to U.S. Attorney Carter Stewart.

He has been detained in federal custody at the Butler County jail since Feb. 3.

Court records show the investigation dates back to November 2014 and the alleged incidents go back to 2012.

The investigation began when a Hamilton County School Resource Officer for Forest Hills School District reported to Newtown police that a Nagel Middle School student, 14, told the school counselor a man she met on Facebook was harassing her to the point that she was scared, federal officials wrote.

The student said the man knew where she lived and would not leave her alone, records state.

When Newtown police interviewed the teen that day, she told them she met the man through Facebook and Meetme.com, records show.

She said she received messages from two different Facebook accounts being operated by the same man, according to federal records. The two accounts she received messages from were B-ryan Italians and Bryan Blue. Authorities say she gave officers more than 15 pages of text conversations she had with the two previously mentioned Facebook accounts using the Facebook instant messenger.

In conversations, Harris harassed the teen and threatened to come to her house if she did not send him a nude picture, court records show. He allegedly used several different tactics in an attempt to coerce her into sending him a nude picture of herself, explicitly after being told she was a juvenile.

In addition to threatening to show up at her house, he also said he would tell her parents and call the police if she did not comply with his demands.

From there, Newtown police noticed the Facebook profile B-ryan Italians stated he was a server at Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant and that he lived in Mason, Ohio.

A Buffalo Wild Wings manager at the Mason location told investigators the Facebook profile in questioned belonged to Bryan Harris, whose last known address was on Cooper Road.

Police also confirmed that information via a query into the Ohio Law Enforcement Gateway database.

On Dec. 15, 2014, a federal judge signed search warrants for Harris’ Facebook profiles. The online social media network provided the FBI with copies of his user profiles.

A review of both user profiles found several conversations with young women that were strikingly similar to the conversations Harris allegedly had with the teen, court records show. He used several tactics including verbal abuse, threats and intimidation and appears to target young women ages 13 to 25. 

In one case, he allegedly texted a 16-year-old girl a picture of a male penis, records show. She assumed it was his. Federal officials also said he showed up twice uninvited at her place of employment and, on other occasions, threatened her with physical violence when she told him not to contact her or if she didn’t respond quick enough to his messages.

Further investigation concluded Harris allegedly used a third alias online including Bryan Delfavro, records show.

The 16-year-old blocked him several times on Facebook, but he continued to contact her every couple of month using a different profile name, court records state.

When FBI agents interviewed Harris in February, they said he admitted he was the person using the Facebook profiles and had the conversations, records show.

He told the FBI “he gets lonely and has conversations with women for attention,” records state.

They said he also admitted he has a temper and gets angry when the women appear to be lying to him.

He said he asked for their pictures in an attempt to prove they were who they claimed. records show.

He also allegedly told authorities he had sex with a total of 17 teens under the age of 18, including four who were 15 years old, seven who were 16 and six who were 17, records state.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • FBI Director Wray says Russia continues to sow discord in US

    FBI Director Wray says Russia continues to sow discord in US

    Wednesday, July 18 2018 8:09 PM EDT2018-07-19 00:09:49 GMT
    Thursday, July 19 2018 12:06 AM EDT2018-07-19 04:06:48 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this Sept. 28, 2017, file photo, FBI Director Chris Wray speaks at his installation ceremony at the FBI Building in Washington. Wray is dismissing Russia President Vladimir Putin’s denial of election meddling. ...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this Sept. 28, 2017, file photo, FBI Director Chris Wray speaks at his installation ceremony at the FBI Building in Washington. Wray is dismissing Russia President Vladimir Putin’s denial of election meddling. ...
    FBI Director Christopher Wray is dismissing Russia President Vladimir Putin's denial of election meddling.Full Story >
    FBI Director Christopher Wray is dismissing Russia President Vladimir Putin's denial of election meddling.Full Story >
  • Zuckerberg: Holocaust deniers won't be banned from Facebook

    Zuckerberg: Holocaust deniers won't be banned from Facebook

    Wednesday, July 18 2018 6:08 PM EDT2018-07-18 22:08:46 GMT
    Thursday, July 19 2018 12:06 AM EDT2018-07-19 04:06:09 GMT
    Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't believe Holocaust denial content should be banned from Facebook. (Source: CNN)Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't believe Holocaust denial content should be banned from Facebook. (Source: CNN)

    Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says that while he finds Holocaust denial "deeply offensive," he doesn't believe that such content should be banned from Facebook.

    Full Story >

    Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says that while he finds Holocaust denial "deeply offensive," he doesn't believe that such content should be banned from Facebook.

    Full Story >
  • Trump talks tougher, now says he warned Putin on meddling

    Trump talks tougher, now says he warned Putin on meddling

    Wednesday, July 18 2018 12:31 AM EDT2018-07-18 04:31:41 GMT
    Thursday, July 19 2018 12:06 AM EDT2018-07-19 04:06:07 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media as he meets with members of Congress in the Cabinet Room of the White House, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, in Washington. Trump says he meant the opposite when he said in Helsink...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media as he meets with members of Congress in the Cabinet Room of the White House, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, in Washington. Trump says he meant the opposite when he said in Helsink...

    Rebuked as never before by his own party, including a stern pushback from usually reserved Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the U.S. president sought to end 27 hours of recrimination by delivering a rare admission of error.

    Full Story >

    Rebuked as never before by his own party, including a stern pushback from usually reserved Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the U.S. president sought to end 27 hours of recrimination by delivering a rare admission of error.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly