This is a tasty treat I found on Facebook. It is easy to make and really, really good. Mine didn’t turn out like the pictures online, but we still enjoyed it!
Bloomin’ Baked Apple Recipe
Only 2 servings, you might want more Ingredients
2 apples (any crisp apples)
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375
2. To get the blooming apple look, you need to cut the apples. Slice off the top ¼ to ? of the apples. Scoop out the core.
3. Use a thin knife to make two, deep circular cuts around the center of the apple.
4. Next, turn the apple over and make narrow cuts all the way around the apple.
5. Flip it back over and you can see all of the cuts.
6. Place the apples a baking dish
7. Put two caramels into the center of each apple.
8. Heat butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 30 second, stir and continue heating for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir in flour and cinnamon.
9. Divide the mixture over the top of the two sliced apples.
10. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Check apples after 25 minutes and continue cooking until apples are tender
11. Serve hot and you can top with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with cinnamon. The ice cream will cause the caramel in the center to harden so eat quickly or put the ice cream scoop on the side.
Saturday, August 19 2017 11:15 PM EDT2017-08-20 03:15:42 GMT
Saturday, August 19 2017 11:44 PM EDT2017-08-20 03:44:31 GMT
In this 2012 file photo, comedian and activist Dick Gregory, from the upcoming documentary film "Soul Food Junkies," poses for a portrait during the PBS TCA Press Tour in Beverly Hills, Calif. (Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP, File)
The groundbreaking African-American comedian and civil rights activist has died, social media posts from his family report.