3 Reds tabbed as Gold Glove finalists - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

3 Reds tabbed as Gold Glove finalists

Brandon Phillips (PHOTO: FOX19 NOW File) Brandon Phillips (PHOTO: FOX19 NOW File)
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

Three Cincinnati Reds have been nominated as finalists for the 2015 Rawlings Gold Glove Award.

Third baseman Todd Frazier, second baseman Brandon Phillips and center fielder Billy Hamilton are in the top three of their respective positions, the MLB announced on Thursday. 

Major League managers and coaches, voting only within their league and unable to vote for players on their own teams, account for 75 percent of the vote. The other 25 percent goes to the sabermetrics community.

Joining Frazier in the top three for third basemen are San Francisco's Matt Duffy and Colorado's Nolan Arenado. The two finalists battling Phillips for the second base crown is Miami's Dee Gordon and Colorado's D.J. LeMahieu. Joining Hamilton in the top three for center field is Pittsburgh's Andrew McCutchen and Arizona's A.J. Pollock.

Hamilton and Frazier are looking for their first Gold Glove Award, while Phillips is seeking his fifth.     

The winners will be revealed on Nov. 10 at 7 p.m.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Zimbabwe leader calls assassination attempt 'cowardly act'

    Zimbabwe leader calls assassination attempt 'cowardly act'

    Saturday, June 23 2018 9:45 AM EDT2018-06-23 13:45:14 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 9:45 PM EDT2018-06-24 01:45:44 GMT
    Zimbabwe state media report explosion at president's campaign rally; Mnangagwa not hurt. (Source: AP Photos)Zimbabwe state media report explosion at president's campaign rally; Mnangagwa not hurt. (Source: AP Photos)

    Zimbabwe state media report explosion at president's campaign rally; Mnangagwa not hurt.

    Full Story >

    Zimbabwe state media report explosion at president's campaign rally; Mnangagwa not hurt.

    Full Story >
  • Saudi women are now driving as longstanding ban ends

    Saudi women are now driving as longstanding ban ends

    Saturday, June 23 2018 5:26 PM EDT2018-06-23 21:26:38 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 9:45 PM EDT2018-06-24 01:45:22 GMT
    (AP Photo/Nariman El-Mofty). In this June 23, 2018 photo, 34-year old Asmaa al-Assdmi poses for a photograph holding her new car license at the Saudi Driving School inside Princess Nora University in Saudi Arabia.(AP Photo/Nariman El-Mofty). In this June 23, 2018 photo, 34-year old Asmaa al-Assdmi poses for a photograph holding her new car license at the Saudi Driving School inside Princess Nora University in Saudi Arabia.
    Saudi women are in the driver's seat for the first time in their country and steering their way through busy city streets just minutes after the world's last remaining ban on women driving was lifted.Full Story >
    Saudi women are in the driver's seat for the first time in their country and steering their way through busy city streets just minutes after the world's last remaining ban on women driving was lifted.Full Story >
  • Administration seeks to expand immigrant family detention

    Administration seeks to expand immigrant family detention

    Saturday, June 23 2018 12:26 AM EDT2018-06-23 04:26:10 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 9:45 PM EDT2018-06-24 01:45:12 GMT
    (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File). FILE - In this July 31, 2014, file photo, an artificial turf soccer field sits in the middle of the Karnes County Residential Center in Karnes City, Texas. The immigration detention facility has been retooled to house adults ...(AP Photo/Eric Gay, File). FILE - In this July 31, 2014, file photo, an artificial turf soccer field sits in the middle of the Karnes County Residential Center in Karnes City, Texas. The immigration detention facility has been retooled to house adults ...
    (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File). FILE - In this July 31, 2014, file photo, an artificial turf soccer field sits in the middle of the Karnes County Residential Center in Karnes City, Texas. The immigration detention facility has been retooled to house adults ...(AP Photo/Eric Gay, File). FILE - In this July 31, 2014, file photo, an artificial turf soccer field sits in the middle of the Karnes County Residential Center in Karnes City, Texas. The immigration detention facility has been retooled to house adults ...

    The Trump administration is calling for the expanded use of family detention for immigrant parents and children who are stopped along the U.S.-Mexico border.

    Full Story >

    The Trump administration is calling for the expanded use of family detention for immigrant parents and children who are stopped along the U.S.-Mexico border.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly