This recipe from SkinnyMom.com tastes just as rich as classic mashed potatoes... but with even more flavor!
1 pound baking potatoes (about 4 small)
1 pound parsnips (about 2 medium or 1 large)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¾ cup Silk Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
¼ teaspoon salt
Black pepper, to taste
1. Peel and chop the potatoes and parsnips in about 1 to 2inch
2. Put them in a large sauce pan and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook
until fork tender, about 1520
3. When the vegetables are almost done, heat a small sauce pan over mediumlow
4. Add the butter, garlic, and rosemary, and cook until the garlic and butter just start getting
browned, about 3 minutes.
5. Drain the potatoes and parsnips, then put them back into the pan they were cooked in.
6. Add the butter mixture, and almondmilk to the potatoes and parsnips. Use a potato
masher to mas to desired consistency.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
you prefer very smooth potatoes, use an electric mixer to reach desired smoothness. If you
want a more rustic feel, keep the mash chunky.
can play around with the types of potatoes, here. Use new red potatoes, skin on for
added color and texture.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1520 minutes
Yield: 8 servings