Ingredients for dough
- 2 cups of milk powder
- 2 Tbsp shortening (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk (room temperature)
Ingredients for syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 lime
- 4 cardamom seeds
- Mix shortening with milk powder, baking powder and all-purpose flour until shortening is mixed well. Add milk to the mixture and knead it. Dough should be soft and pliable.
- To make syrup - Mix sugar and water and heat it until sugar melts. Add cardamom seeds to the syrup while boiling. Squeeze half a lime into the syrup.
- Make small round balls with kneaded dough - You should be able to make about 20 small balls with this recipe.
- Heat oil to medium in a pan. Fry the dough balls in a oil on low to medium flame until they are brown slowly stirring the oil while cooking. It should take about 7 to 8 minutes for the dough balls to become brown in color.
- Once the dough balls are brown, remove them from oil and add them to the syrup.
- Let it sit in syrup for an hour and then serve.