Winter months are the perfect time to take advantage of butternut squash. This soup recipe comes from Joel Gregorcyk at Parkers Blue Ash Tavern.
Butternut Squash Soup
What you'll need:
2 whole butternut squash
Half a stick of butter, unsalted
4 sprigs rosemary
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup of kosher salt
1 qt vegetable stock
¼ cup honey
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/8 tsp ground all spice
1/8 tsp ground clove
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Pinch of white pepper
Salt to taste
1. Half each butternut squash and place on a roasting pan
2. Evenly divide the brown sugar and kosher salt to season the flesh side of the squash
3. Slice butter into Tablespoon size pieces and evenly distribute over all of the squash halves.
4. Press one sprig each of rosemary into the interior of the squash
5. Roast in a 350 degree oven 45 mins to 90 mins until the squash is fork tender
6. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
7. Using a spoon scoop out the meat and transfer to a waiting sauce pan.
8. Add in the veggie stock and bring to a simmer
9. Using a hand mixer or blender puree the mix
10. Add in all of the rest ingredients and mix thoroughly until everything is incorporated
11. Season with salt to taste and enjoy
Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.