Woman recalls night she was attacked with a knife at a Westwood - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Woman recalls night she was attacked with a knife at a Westwood Kroger

(Photo: Chris Waldmann, FOX19 NOW) (Photo: Chris Waldmann, FOX19 NOW)
The alleged knife used during the attempted robbery (Photo: Chris Waldmann, FOX19 NOW) The alleged knife used during the attempted robbery (Photo: Chris Waldmann, FOX19 NOW)
Ashley Rhoads (Photo: Hamilton County Justice Center) Ashley Rhoads (Photo: Hamilton County Justice Center)
(PHOTO: FOX19 NOW) (PHOTO: FOX19 NOW)
WESTWOOD, OH (FOX19) -

A Cheviot woman is thankful for the help of Good Samaritans who stepped in to stop an attack in front of a Westwood Kroger Wednesday night.

Officials responded to the Kroger in the 6100 block of Glenway Ave., just before 8:30 p.m.

Police say Elizabeth Galbraith, 35, was walking out of Kroger when a woman named Ashley Rhoads, 23, came at her wielding a 10-inch knife demanding Galbraith's purse. Galbraith tried to defend herself from the attack suffering cuts to the hands, police said.

"She just kept saying give me my purse, give me my purse," said Galbraith.

She said her first reaction wasn't fear, but anger.

"My whole thought through this whole thing was I'm not letting her get my stuff - this is my property," Galbraith recalled.

Galbraith said Rhoads punched her in the face before wrestling and knocking her to the ground.

The struggle then intensified quickly as the attacker became more insistent, she stated.

"She was yelling, "If you don't give me my purse, I'm going to stab you," and that's when she brings the knife out," stated Galbraith.

Surveillance video shows Galbraith fending off the slashing blade as strangers came to her aide.

A woman and her husband saw the attack and attempted to intervene, according to police on scene.  The wife called 911 while the husband tried to help the woman being attacked.

He sustained minor injuries and was treated on scene and released.

Galbraith said she heard other people yelling at the woman to leave her alone and that she is grateful for those people for possibly saving her life.

"All I have to say to my great Samaritans, as I'm calling them because they're better than good right now, is thank you very much," she said.

Police say Rhoads faces two counts of aggravated robbery and felonious assault.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Tillerson warns military action on NK unless diplomacy works

Tuesday, January 16 2018 12:23 AM EST2018-01-16 05:23:34 GMT
    Wednesday, January 17 2018 1:25 AM EST2018-01-17 06:25:14 GMT

The meeting is intended to boost the campaign of "maximum pressure" that the Trump administration has championed to deprive the North of revenue for weapons development. Officials will discuss cooperation on sanctions, preventing the spread of weapons by North Korea, and diplomacy.

House panel subpoenas Bannon in Russia probe showdown

Tuesday, January 16 2018 12:33 AM EST2018-01-16 05:33:23 GMT
    Wednesday, January 17 2018 12:54 AM EST2018-01-17 05:54:47 GMT

The testimony comes just one week after a very public excommunication from Trump's closest confines following the publication of Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury."

Dems accuse GOP official of 'amnesia' on Trump vulgarity

Tuesday, January 16 2018 12:43 AM EST2018-01-16 05:43:27 GMT
    Wednesday, January 17 2018 12:25 AM EST2018-01-17 05:25:06 GMT

Word of Trump's comments threatened to upend delicate negotiations over resolving the status of the hundreds of thousands of immigrants who were brought to the country illegally as children.