MADISONVILLE, OH (FOX19) - Aggressive operations were conducted to put out a blaze at a home in Madisonville Monday.
Emergency crews responded to reports of a fire Monday around 5:30 p.m. in the 4810 block of Ravenna Street in Madisonville.
According to reports, crews found fire showing from two first floor windows in a two-story home and were able to bring the blaze under control in approximately 15 minutes.
The family reportedly evacuated prior to firefighters arriving at the scene and were waiting outside.
The family cat was found by rescue crews and safely returned to its owners.
Officials said the cause of the fire was accidental, unattended cooking.
The estimated damage was reported as $40,000.
There were no injuries reported.