CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Villa Italian Kitchen is letting FOX19 NOW in on their Mac & Cheese recipe. Sr. District Manager Tony Sharp says it all starts with the Alfredo sauce.
Mac and Cheese
Yiels 5 large portions
- 1 lb of Cavatappi pasta, dry
- 5 cups of Alfredo sauce
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup of crushed garlic croutons
Alfredo sauce - (Substitute store bought for convenience)
- 4oz Butter
- 1/3 cup flour, all purpose
- 1 cup, milk
- 1 quart, heavy cream
- 1 TSP, granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup, grated Romano cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Sauce directions -
- Add butter to pot on medium heat. When butter is melted add flour and whisk until smooth and no lumps.
- Pour in the liquid mixture and garlic to pot to slowly mixing quickly to avoid a lumpy sauce
- Cook sauce for 10 minutes or until well thickened
- Add grated cheese and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.