CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Xavier University's men's basketball is the No. 2 seed in the 2016 Big East Tournament March 9-12 at Madison Square Garden.
Xavier, which finished second in the Big East regular season race, will play its first game at 7 p.m. Thursday against the winner of the first round game between Marquette and St. John's.
Students are gathering on campus this morning to travel to the Big Apple to support the team.
2016 Big East Tournament Schedule
- First Round, Wednesday, FS1
- No. 8 Georgetown vs. No. 9 DePaul, 7 p.m.
- No. 7 Marquette vs. No. 10 St. John's, 9:30 p.m.
- Quarterfinals, Thursday, March 10 – FS1
- No. 1 Villanova vs. Georgetown/DePaul winner, Noon
- No. 4 Providence vs. No. 5 Butler, 2:30 p.m.
- No. 2 Xavier vs. Marquette/St. John's winner, 7 p.m.
- No. 3 Seton Hall vs. No. 6 Creighton, 9:30 p.m.
- Semifinals, Friday – FS1
- Thursday afternoon winners, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday evening winners, 9 p.m.
- Championship Game, Saturday, March 12 – FOX
- Semifinal winners, 5:30 p.m