When it comes to a decorative item for your Easter celebration, deviled eggs are just so versatile.
So while the recipe traditionally remains the same, here are some new and colorful Easter decorating ideas from food blogger Ray Ball:
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayo
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- dash of lime juice - to keep from browning
- Slice eggs into halves, the long way, carefully remove yolks and add to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Place ingredients into a zip-top plastic bag, cut the end, slowly pipe into boiled egg halves. You'll be using the plastic bag like a pastry bag.
- Garnish with paprika, cracked black pepper, and parsley.
- Serve chilled or warm.