. - The Kenton County Public Library is offering a variety of programs at its three branches in April and May.
There will be a job fair, cooking classes, hair do lessons, dance classes, a health fair, crafts and much more.
Here is something you may want to check out coming up Thursday. Let's Get Cooking! Cream Puffs.
What: Let's Get Cooking! Cream Puffs
When: Thursday, April 21, 1-3 pm
Where: Durr Branch Library, 1992 Walton Nicholson Road, Independence
Learn to make cream puffs!
For the shells:
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
For the filling:
- 1 package instant pudding
- Heavy whipping cream
- To make the shells first preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place an oven rack at the center of the oven.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a medium inducing a slow, rolling boil, and add the butter.
- Stir the butter until melted, then add the salt and flour; stir this mixture until a soft dough ball forms that pulls away from the spoon and the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and transfer the mixture to a heat resistant bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, add the eggs one at a time. Be sure each egg is mixed complete before adding the next one.
- Drop a rounded tablespoon full of dough onto a lightly greased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- When the shells are done, turn the oven off and crack the door. Leave the shells in the oven until they cool; this will dry them completely.
- Slice the top 1/3 of the shell off to prepare it for filling.
To make the filling prepare your pudding as instructed on the package, substituting heavy whipping cream for milk.
Fill cream puff shells with desired amount of filling.
(optional) Drizzle shells with melted chocolate or dust with powdered sugar!