Woman sent to hospital with smoke inhalation from Westwood fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Woman sent to hospital with smoke inhalation from Westwood fire

(FOX19 NOW/Adam Schrand) (FOX19 NOW/Adam Schrand)
WESTWOOD, OH (FOX19) -

A woman suffered minor smoke inhalation and went to the hospital after fire broke out at an apartment fire on Lafeuille Circle early Tuesday, Cincinnati fire officials said.

Crews responded about 5 a.m. to Lafeuille Apartments.

They found smoke in the building and evacuated residents, according to initial dispatches. 

Minutes later, they reported heavy fire on the first floor of the three-story brick building.

The fire was under control in 15 minutes and reported out shortly after.

No other injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental from grease cooking on the stove, fire officials said in a prepared statement.

Damage was set at $15,000.

The building had working smoke detectors.

Copyright 2016 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly