FOX19 - Target has become a retail giant in the United States boasting it can save shoppers a lot of money.
GoBankingRates and Time asked savings experts to offer money-saving tips to make your target shopping experience better than ever.
Below are some of the best tips that were given:
Pick your day
Here's a schedule good for most Targets:
- Monday: electronics, accessories, kids’ clothing, books, baby, stationery
- Tuesday: domestics, women’s clothing, pets, market (food items)
- Wednesday: men’s clothing, health & beauty, diapers, lawn & garden, furniture
- Thursday: housewares, lingerie, shoes, toys, sporting goods, decor & luggage
- Friday: auto, cosmetics, hardware, jewelry
Shop Amazon: Target has a price match guarantee. In most instances Target will match the lower price.
Check the wall-facing end caps: End caps are the shelves at the end of the aisles and are often filled with marked down items.
Know the clearance codes
Shop for holidays early or late: Holiday items will be cut by 50 percent the day after the holiday. After a week, the products could drop as low as 70 percent.
Shop early in the week
Stack 'em and save: Target allows shoppers to stack coupons.
Follow Target on Twitter: Target tweets out new deals, new items and free shipping windows.
Used Target's wedding registry: Givers get free shipping on all orders over $25, according to Jeanette Pavini or Coupons.com.
Take advantage of a free gift card promotion: Target will occasionally offer a Target gift card when shoppers buy a certain amount of specific products.