A couple had been dead inside their Madisonville home for weeks before authorities discovered their bodies Thursday, according to Cincinnati Police.
Spokesperson Tiffaney Hardy said the couple accidentally left their vehicle running in the garage on Bramble Avenue, near Edith Avenue. Both were deaf and likely didn’t hear the engine, Hardy said.
Initial reports indicate they died as a result of asphyxiation from the fumes.
The bodies were discovered when someone went to check on the couple after not hearing from them for several weeks.
"They are frequent church goers and had not been seen by other church members as well as community members became concerned about not having seen them," family friend James Jawarek told FOX19 NOW.
Jawarek identified the couple as Wayne Flammer and Joan Flammer.
The family of the victims gathered around the home and were in shock that this could happen. Jawarek described the couple as good Christians.
"Very friendly," Jawarek said. "They got along with people."
Copyright 2016 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Congressional Budget Office: Higher premiums, fewer insurance options if Trump halts 'Obamacare' subsidies.