Fire causes evacuation at 21c Museum Hotel - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fire causes evacuation at 21c Museum Hotel

(SOURCE: FOX19 NOW/Ben Katko) (SOURCE: FOX19 NOW/Ben Katko)
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

A fire broke out at 21c Museum Hotel Friday causing an emergency evacuation, dispatch confirmed.

Emergency crews responded just after 6:30 p.m. at the hotel on Walnut Street downtown. Flamers could be seen coming from the windows when firefighters arrived at the scene. 

During the call, FOX19 NOW reporter Ben Katko noticed a special tribute to firefighter Jordan Pieniazek who lost his life in a motorcycle accident last week. 

On the right side of the responding fire truck was a special decal dedicated in Pieniazek's honor. 

According to authorities, an estimated total of $25K in damages were caused to Metropole Restaurant inside the hotel. 

The cause of the fire, reported by officials, was embers from the hood that ignited build up in the vent system from lack of maintenance on the vent system. 

Patrons were allowed back in a short time later. 

No injuries were reported. 

The company released the following statement:

"As you are aware we had a fire at 21c Cincinnati this evening in our second floor kitchen. All guests and team members were safely evacuated. We have been given the all clear from both the fire department and the health department. Metropole will reopen tomorrow morning and will resume regular service with breakfast. The second floor galleries and rooftop will remain closed at this time. We will be in touch with additional updates as they are available. "

Copyright 2016 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly