FOX19 - WanderBat, a travel research engine, aggregated data from the Bureau of Transportation Services to rank every domestic airline by flight difficulties.
It looked at the past 12 months of most recently available airline data and calculated the percent of flights from each airline that experienced an arrival delay or cancellation.
Here's how the airlines at CVG ranked.
- Delta Air Lines has a better than average track record, 25.5 percent Delta flights were canceled or delayed. That’s 8 percent lower than the national average.
- The average delay: 32 minutes with 35.2 percent of United flights were canceled or delayed. That’s 1.2 percent lower than the national average and the average delay length is 40 minutes.
- American Airlines had 36 percent of its flights canceled or delayed. That’s 0.5 percent lower than the national average and the average delay is 34 minutes.
- Frontier Airlines had to cancel or delay its flights 41.8 percent of the times. That’s 5.3 percent higher than the national average. 40 minutes is the average length of delay.
- Allegiant which flies in and out of CVG was not included in the list. The worst performing domestic airline was Spirit Air Lines. 51.9 percent of its flights were delayed or canceled, which is 15.4 percent higher than the national average.