PIKE COUNTY, OH (FOX19) - The homes where eight family members were shot and killed last month will be moved to a new location to "preserve the crime scenes," Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced Thursday.
The four mobile homes are being transported Waverly – the town where investigators have been headquartered since the Rhoden family members were found dead along a rural stretch of road last month.
The work to move the homes began Thursday afternoon. DeWine said the entire process is expected to take several days.
DeWine's statement read in-part:
Seven adults and a teenage boy were found dead April 22. Authorities haven't made an arrest or identified who is responsible for the slayings.
"The other reason is, frankly, the family members. We want to be able to ensure them that nothing is going to be taken - none of the pictures, none of the things that are just irreplaceable," DeWine added.
DeWine and law enforcement spoke with the family of the victims on Thursday in Waverly.
"They made it very clear. What they're most concerned about is justice, finding who did this," DeWine said.
He would not comment on a motive for the killings.
"The sheriff made it very clear again today to the Rhoden family that he was there. He was there for them," DeWine told FOX19 NOW. "If they have a concern about their safety, he wants to know about it."
DeWine has called the crimes "an old fashion, cold-blooded, calculated massacre of eight human beings."
DeWine previously said that authorities are "exploring every angle" in the case, including whether the crimes are connected with the commercial marijuana growing operations found at three of the four Rhoden homes.
The victims are Hannah Gilley, 20, Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 40, Christopher Rhoden, Jr., 16, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, Dana Rhoden, 37, Gary Rhoden, 38, Hanna Rhoden, 19 and Kenneth Rhoden, 44.