14 displaced in Mt. Auburn apartment fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

14 displaced in Mt. Auburn apartment fire

(Raycom Media/file) (Raycom Media/file)
MT. AUBURN, OH (FOX19) -

Fourteen people were displaced in a stove fire at a Mt. Auburn apartment complex Tuesday evening.

Officials responded to the fire in the 200 block of McGregor Ave., just after 8 p.m.

Upon arrival, fire crews were able to confirm the working fire coming from a second floor apartment in the three-story building.

Firefighters rescued 6 occupants, including 5 children via aerial ladder, officials said.

The fire under control within 10 minutes. 

Officials believe the cause of the fire is from unattended grease cooking on the stove.

Smoke detectors were present and operating, fire officials said.

The estimated damage is $40,000.

Copyright 2016 WXIX. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly