A woman died in front of her children after overdosing on heroin that her boyfriend allegedly provided her with, stated the Warren County Prosecutor's Office.
Steven Lay, 35, gave Shawna Mitchell Fetanyl and they passed out for a period of time while being responsible for two minor children, according to a grand jury report.
Police said Mitchell overdosed on the drug and died at the scene.
Lay allegedly waited to call 911 until after flushing the remaining heroin down the toilet.
He was indicted for involuntary manslaughter, corrupting another with drugs, tampering with evidence and endangering children.
Copyright 2016 WXIX. All rights reserved.