This weekend, Pete Rose will finally get into the Hall of Fame - the Reds Hall of Fame.
The Hit King will be inducted during the 2016 Reds Hall of Fame Induction. His number 14 jersey also will be retired.
This is the first big event since Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred announced earlier this year he would not lift Rose's lifetime ban from the game.
"He's charged up," said Reds Chief Operating Officer Phil Castellini in an appearance Tuesday on FOX19 NOW Morning News.
"We've been waiting to do this a long time. We respectfully waited for the league to kind of do what they were going to do whether he was going to be let back into the game. That's been decided so almost immediately after that announcement we got permission to move forward with our plans in Cincinnati."
The honor means Rose, 74, no longer has to ask permission to participate in Reds celebratory events.
Rose is the sole inductee for the class of 2016.
Here's the schedule of events:
- Reds vs. San Diego Padres 7:10 p.m.
- Pregame ceremonies celebrating the 40th anniversary of the 1976 World Series Champion Reds
- Reds players and coaches will wear 1976 throwback uniforms
- All fans receive a commemorative 1976 Reds team photo
- 1976 World Series replica ring ticket package
- Fireworks Friday presented by Cooper Tire
- Reds vs. San Diego Padres 4:10 p.m.
- Pregame Hall of Fame Induction ceremony presented by PNC Bank
- As part of Super Saturdays, all fans receive a Pete Rose poster
- Reds vs. San Diego Padres 1:10 p.m.
- Pregame Pete Rose Number 14 Retirement Ceremony
- All fans receive Pete Rose commemorative print
- Hall of Fame Induction Gala at 6 p.m., presented by Clark Schaefer Hackett at Duke Energy Convention Center.