CAMP WASHINGTON, OH (FOX19) - Prepare for more traffic delays on Interstate 75 this weekend as construction continues to widen the highway at Hopple Street and the Norwood Lateral.
Single lane closures will begin at 8 p.m. Friday on southbound I-75 at the Norwood Lateral with double lane closures following at 11 p.m.
Crews will remove the contraflow lane on the southbound lanes, creating three normal lanes of traffic.
All southbound lanes should reopen between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. Saturday.
Work crews also will be out blocking lanes on both sides of I-75 and then temporarily halting all traffic between I-74 to just south of the Western Hills Viaduct.
Southbound lanes will shut down starting at 10 p.m. Friday and continue through 6 a.m. Saturday.
Short term closures are scheduled to run midnight Friday until 5 a.m. Saturday. The closures will only be Friday night.
On the northbound side, lane closures will occur between the Western Hills Viaduct and I-74. These will start one hour after the end of the Reds game and continue until 6 a.m. Saturday.
Crews also will temporarily halt all traffic between midnight and 5 a.m.
In addition, crews will shut down:
- The ramp from northbound I-75 to Hopple Street one hour after the Reds game until 5 a.m. Saturday. Detour west on the Western Hills Viaduct to northbound Beekman Street to Hopple Street.
- The connector road (just behind White Castle from Central Parkway to Hopple Street) 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
- Central Parkway south of the connector road to north of Bates Avenue 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday. The detour for both of the closures is Colerain Avenue and Monmouth Street.
- Clifton Colony Drive from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday.
- There will be access for emergency vehicles and all residents who live within the Central Parkway closure south of the connector road and to White Castle.