OVER THE RHINE, OH (FOX19) - Black Lives Matter activists marched through the streets of downtown Cincinnati Sunday.
The peaceful event, called "Enough is Enough: Justice for Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and Sam DuBose," comes after fatal police shootings of two black men in Louisiana and Minnesota last week.
Demonstrators started at District 1 Police headquarters at 4 p.m. and continued in a march to the intersection of 13th and Republic – the site where Timothy Thomas was shot and killed by an officer in 2001, sparking riots.
The march ended with a vigil at Washington Park.
"After the events in Dallas we need extra care to make sure that our rally is organized, disciplined and safe for anyone who comes out," read a post from the Black Lives Matter: Cincinnati Facebook page. "For this purpose we are putting together a security/legal support team and a bail fund."
The group has stressed that its movement has nothing to do with the fatal shooting of five police officer in Dallas this week. In a statement released Saturday, group members said they recognized the "sad and unfortunate circumstances for the families of the police officers who were killed." Read the entire statement here.
Cincinnati Police say they have all hands on deck ahead of Sunday's event.
"They have the right to speak as long as everybody is peaceful and as long as the things they are saying are peaceful," said Cincinnati FOP President Sgt. Dan Hils.