CORRYVILLE, OH (FOX19) - The University of Cincinnati on Sunday issued a safety alert warning students of a string of overnight robberies near campus.
A group of three suspects are believed to have committed three robberies between 1:50 a.m. and 4 a.m, according to the alert.
The first incident occurred at 1:50 a.m. on W. Charlton Street. The victim's wallet and cell phone were taken.
The suspects approached a UC student at gunpoint shortly after 3:00 a.m. in the 2000 block of Euclid Ave. A wallet and cell phone were taken.
The third robbery occurred at 3:55 a.m. in the 500 block of Riddle Road. A cell phone and wallet were taken.
UC safety officials describe the suspects as black males between 20 and 25 years of age wearing colored shirts and jeans. One suspect is described having short dreadlocks and wearing a dark colored tank top.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 513-352-3040. Callers can remain anonymous and may receive an award for information provided.
Safety officials suggest students travel in groups at night and, whenever possible, use the UC Shuttle or UC NightRide (556-RIDE) services. They also provided the following safety reminders:
- If you observe suspicious activity contact UCPD at 556-1111, or CPD at 765-1212 immediately.
- If you are the victim of a crime, call 911 immediately.
- If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, change your walking pattern (cross the street).
- Criminals prefer impaired victims, don’t drink to excess.
- Don’t use headphones or earbuds, and avoid texting while walking.