CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Xavier University men's basketball announced its impressive 2017 recruiting class, which is the highest ranked class in school history. The five-member group is currently ranked No. 5 in the nation by Scout.com and 247sports.com, as well as No. 6 by ESPN.com and Rivals.com.
The five new Musketeers, who all signed National Letters of Intent today, are:
- Elias Harden, a 6-5 guard from Pebblebrook High School in Mableton, Ga.
- Kentrevious Jones, a 6-10 center from Westside High School in Macon, Ga.
- Naji Marshall, a 6-6 forward from Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va.
- Jared Ridder, a 6-7 forward from Kickapoo High School in Springfield, Mo.
- Paul Scruggs, a 6-3 guard from Prolific Prep in Napa, Calif.
"I am really excited to announce the recruiting class of 2017 high school seniors," said XU head coach Chris Mack. "My coaching staff worked their tails off to identify great fits for our program.
The 2017 class has a chance to make their mark on Xavier in the coming years. Their families have raised quality young men who believe that Xavier University is the right fit for their sons. We are beyond excited to bring in a class that has the makings of one of the best in all of college basketball."
Xavier opens the season Friday at 7 p.m. against Lehigh at the Cintas Center.