FOX19 - Ingredients:
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 tsp. curry powder, divided
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup plain low fat yogurt or whole Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Season the chicken with 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon curry powder.
Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but still pink in spots, about 3 minutes. Transfer the partially cooked chicken to a clean bowl and set aside.
Add the remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and set heat to medium. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder and cook for about a minute more.
Whisk the chicken broth and cornstarch together, then add to the skillet along with the sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the sauce is nicely thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add the peas and chicken to the skillet, turn the heat down to low and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked for a few minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in the yogurt and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with basmati rice.