At hundreds of locations around the world, the United Service Organizations (USO) has been boosting the morale of the nation's service members and connecting them to the things they love – family, home and country. The USO of Metropolitan Washington (USO-Metro) supports and fulfills the needs of active duty military members and their families, who live, work and travel.
As one of the oldest military non-profits in country, the USO relies on the generosity of individuals, organizations, and corporations to support critical services and program for members of the nation's Armed Forces and their families. Wendy's of Cincinnati and Dayton has been proud to be one of these contributors for the past 8 years.
USO Tribute Cincinnati has raised more than $6 million in the past 13 years to assist with several important initiatives.
- Funding for a portion of the operating costs for the two largest USO Centers in the world, the Warrior and Family Centers at Bethesda, located at Naval Support Activity Bethesda, home to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and the USO Warrior and Family Center at Fort Belvoir located adjacent to the Warrior Transition Battalion and Fort Belvoir Community Hospital.
- Providing critical services to wounded, ill and injured service members, their families and their caregivers from across the nation. Program include:
- Resiliency and Recovery programs
- Adaptive sports programs
- Excursions to sporting events and concerts
- Caregiver support programs
- Hospital Celebrity Handshake tours
In 2017, Wendy's will once again support the USO with a special fundraising effort. Participating restaurants throughout Cincinnati and Dayton will be selling Wendy's coupon books from May 15th – May 28th.
Each book costs $1 and contains more than $13 in coupon value. Net proceeds from every book sold will be donated directly to the USO. Visit your local restaurant to enjoy a delicious meal, and help Wendy's support our troops and their families!!