FOX19 - Colonel De shared Derby dish recipes ahead of Saturday's Run for the Roses.
1 Can (16.3 oz) Biscuits OR Store Bought Biscuits
16 Slices Deli Honey Ham 8 Slices Swiss Cheese
1 Teaspoon Everything Rub 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
½ Cup Butter, Melted Grandaddy Elbee's BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350?.
2. Separate biscuits into 8 biscuits. On ungreased cookie sheet, place biscuits 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes.
3. Lightly grease or spray 13x9 inch baking dish. Carefully split each biscuit in half. Line bottom of baking dish with bottom of each biscuit.
4. Layer 2 slices of ham on each biscuit. Sprinkle Everything Rub and top with 1 slice of cheese.
5. Pour 1 Tablespoon of Grandaddy Elbee's BBQ Sauce over top of cheese. Replace tops.
6. Add poppy seeds to melted butter. Stir and pour over biscuits.
7. Bake 10-15 minutes or until tops of biscuits are golden brown.