Fire officials: Unattended grill to blame for blaze that displac - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fire officials: Unattended grill to blame for blaze that displaced 3

FOX19 NOW FOX19 NOW
MADISONVILLE, OH (FOX19) -

An unattended charcoal grill left next to combustibles is to blame for a house fire that displaced two children and an adult late Tuesday, Cincinnati fire officials said.

No one was hurt when flames broke out in the 6200 block of Chandler Street  just before midnight, District 4 Fire Chief Warren Weems wrote in a prepared statement.

Several people called 911 to report the house fire, he said. When fire crews arrived, they found fire on the rear deck had into the first and second floor.

The three people inside already had evacuated.

"Aggressive, offensive firefighting operations were conducted, bringing the fire under control within fifteen minutes," Weems wrote.

"Extensive overhaul was necessary by firefighters to ensure extinguishment due to the void spaces that the fire traveled through in the building."

No one was hurt, Weems said.

The fire's cause was determined to be accidental.

The home had working smoke detectors, according to Weems.

He estimated damage at $30,000.

The American Red Cross is helping the family.

Copyright 2017 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly