Carbon monoxide leak at Skyline Chili sends 2 workers to hospita - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Carbon monoxide leak at Skyline Chili sends 2 workers to hospital

(Courtesy of Village of Cleves police) (Courtesy of Village of Cleves police)
CLEVES, OH (FOX19) -

A carbon monoxide leak forced the Miami Avenue Skyline to temporarily shut down Wednesday, according to Duke Energy.

Two Skyline employees fell ill and were hospitalized. Another Bar, located next door, was also evacuated.

High levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside Skyline and Another Bar, according to Village of Cleves Police.

Malfunction in a cooking appliance was the cause of the leak, the Cleves fire chief said. 

No patrons were inside Skyline when officials responded to the leak.

Skyline and Another Bar are expected to reopen Wednesday.

Copyright 2017 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly