Members of at least three families were among those injured in the mass shooting after a gender reveal party in Colerain Township home last month, according to updated police reports released Friday.
The shooting of nine people at the home has left detectives frustrated and perplexed by a lack of cooperation in the crime that killed one mother and left three children wounded.
Jim Love, the spokesman for the Colerain Township Police Department, told our media partners at the Cincinnati Enquirer, detectives still do not have suspects or a better description of the gunmen who walked into the unlocked front door, said nothing and opened fire on the dozen or so people who were watching a movie in the living room of the home on Capstan Drive July 8.
The families were at the home to celebrate the supposed pregnancy of Cheyanne Willis, 21. The party was to announce the gender of her fetus. Willis initially told family members and the media that she lost her fetus after she was shot in the leg during the incident.
However, in an odd twist to a bizarre shooting, Colerain Township Police Chief Mark Denney announced a week later that Willis admitted she was not pregnant at the time of the party. He also said that false information was hampering the investigation into the shooting that killed Autum Garrett, 22, of Andrews, Indiana.
It remained unclear why Willis would have lied about her pregnancy and she declined a request for an interview Friday.
Her mother, Lori White, said Friday she had not talked to her daughter and was focused on trying to recover from the gunshot wound to her hand that she suffered that night.
"I sit and cry a lot,'' said White. "My whole world has been turned upside down. I have been traumatized so bad. My whole family has. I'm afraid to go to the grocery store, I'm afraid to go outside. With every little noise, I jump because I don't know who did this."
"Right before dusk, as it is getting dark my heart starts pounding,'' said White as she started to cry. "I have such anxiety."
The newly released reports provide the names and ages of all the victims.
- Elijah Clemons, 26, who is Willis' boyfriend and lived at the home where the shooting happened.
- Autum Garrett's son and daughter, whose ages were not listed in the reports. Family members and a witness said her husband, Bryan Garrett, was also shot, but the police report does not list him as a victim. The Garretts had earlier attended a family wedding before going to the Willis' party. Autum Garrett and Willis were cousins.
- Morgan Bradley, 24, of Colerain Township. Her three children, a 7-year-old daughter, a 4-year-old son and a 1-year-old daughter were at the party but were not harmed. Bradley was a friend of the family and not related.
- An 8-year-old Fairfield boy was wounded.
- Amanda Whitcomb, 34, of Colerain Township.
There were three witnesses listed on the report who were at the home as well. But they were not shot.
The report said 14 shots were fired and a dog was also shot.