Police: Pair dumped woman's body in the woods after overdose - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Police: Pair dumped woman's body in the woods after overdose

Joshua Swenson, Erica Robinson (Middletown Police) Joshua Swenson, Erica Robinson (Middletown Police)

A man and woman were arrested after police said a Middletown woman's body was moved to the woods after she died of an apparent overdose. She had been missing for nearly two weeks.

Erica Robinson, 32, and Joshua Swenson, 28, were arrested on Wednesday.

Police said the pair dumped 20-year-old Leslie Dalton's body into the woods after she died in their residence on Wilbraham Rd. 

Her body was found on Sunday, August 13.

Both told police they left her body inside the home after the overdose until the next day and waited for night fall to remove it, according to a search warrant affidavit. 

The affidavit states they placed the body in a wheelbarrow, wrapped her body in bed sheets, and dumped the body into the woods across the street. They burned the sheets to conceal evidence. 

Dalton's mother, Rebecca Charlton, and grandmother, Sally Hollon, are dealing with a pain they never imagined.

"She was full of life and free spirited. This is just tearing our family apart. I'll never be the same," said Charlton.

Her mother passed flyers around the city, hoping for a happy reunion, but later learned that would never happen. 

"I was sitting on the phone one night and I got a phone call from a person stating that she was dead in the woods. It just destroyed me. I knew as a mother. I knew it was true," said Charlton.

A few days later, Dalton's grandmother Sally Hollon and a friend searched several different parks in the area without success.

However, after several tips from people in the community they found her body in a wooded area on Wilbraham.

"As I got closer to where she was, he said 'turn around Sally. It's her and you don't want to see this,'" said Hollon.

Dalton's family said she was using heroin at the on Wilbraham. A few people saw her go in the home but she never came out. 

The coroner has not released the cause of death yet, but Charlton believes heroin took her daughter's life. 

"She OD'd in the house and then they moved her body to the woods and just left her there like a piece of garbage for two weeks. She's so decomposed that the coroner wouldn't even allow me to look at her," said Charlton.

She said what upsets her the most is that a call for help would have likely saved her daughter's life. 

"To me it's murder. She's not a piece of trash. She didn't deserve this," said Charlton.

She said that her daughter has struggled with heroin for nearly four years and she was planning to take her out of town to start over.

"This is a problem in our city. Heroin is taking over. There's girls missing other than my daughter who have not been found yet. I want these drug dealers to get a real job and to stop doing that to these girls."

Now she said she will use this tragedy to help other families so that her daughter's death won't be in vein.

"I’m just going to live every day like she's still with me because I know she is."

Police said they will likely arrest and charge a third person in connection to the crime, but have not released any names. 

Charlton has a plea to others in the community: if you see drug activity, report it. She said that will help get the drug dealers off the streets.

Copyright 2017 WXIX. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly