CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Hamilton County is in "critical need" of poll workers for the Nov. 7 election.
The county board of elections is calling for both Democratic and Republican residents to serve as Precinct Election Officials.
PEO can make between $180 to $218 for working the entire commitment. Hours include:
-Class: 3.5-4 hours
-Monday night before election: 7:00-9:00 p.m.
-Tuesday Election Day: Typically 5:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Precinct Election Officials conduct assigned duties at a polling site. Duties can include issuing ballots to registered voters, explaining how to mark the ballot, monitoring the voting equipment, closing polls, and properly completing the required forms.
To be a PEO a person must:
- Be a registered and active voter in Hamilton County
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be able to speak, read and write fluently in the English language
- Have strong clerical skills
- Be able to solve problems
- Be an effective communicator
- NOT be a candidate for any office to be voted on at the polling place at that election
- NOT be a convicted Felon
High school students 17 years and older are welcome to apply. More information here.
Interested Democratic residents can call Gena Howard at 632-7041
Interested Republican residents can call Christa Criddle at 632-7042