CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Cincinnati City Councilman PG Sittenfeld says he doesn't support Mayor John Cranley's current proposal involving the city and its taxpayers in building a new soccer stadium in Oakley.
FC Cincinnati has secured a site in Oakley for a potential soccer stadium, team organizers have said.
They want the city and Hamilton County for help with infrastructure funding.
Team owner Jeff Berding said if that funding comes through, the team could build at the former Cast-Fab Technologies site near Oakley Station. Read more about that by clicking or tapping here.
FCC representatives have said they'd fund a stadium privately, but the infrastructure bill could be at least $75 million.
Mayor John Cranley said last week he was trying to piece together that money, acknowledging he'd need help from the county. He put a plan together and City Council members say they'll discuss that plan Monday.
This is all happening because FC Cincinnati is vying for an MLS expansion bid. League owners will gather in December to decide which two cities will be granted bids.
On Thursday, Sittenfeld laid out his stance in a lengthy Facebook post.
He implied the process feels rushed (that full post can be read at the bottom of this article).
Sittenfeld posed several questions regarding the proposal that he claims remain unanswered:
Newport also has been mentioned as a potential landing site for a new FCC stadium.
That possibility remains in play until the city and county are able to put together the money necessary for Oakley site infrastructure.