GoFundMe page started for McDonald's worker shot twice in head

GoFundMe page started for McDonald's worker shot twice in head
Jayla Frost (GoFundMe)

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - A GoFundMe page is up for one of the two McDonald's employees shot at the fast food restaurant off Beechmont Avenue.

Jayla Frost, 18, of Mount Washington is listed in critical condition with a "grave" prognosis at University of Cincinnati Medical Center, according to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.

"Hello my name is Jayla Frost. I recently graduated from Walnut Hills High School," reads the GoFundMe page.

"I am currently a freshman at the University of Cincinnati majoring in Computer Information Technology. I was working part time at McDonald's to help pay to further my education.

"On Wednesday December 13, 2017 I was shot twice in the head. Currently I am fighting for my life and will need extensive rehabilitation. Unfortunately the medical bills are very expensive and adding up.

"We are asking if you could make a donation to help with the medical bills and additional expenses that would greatly appreciated.

"It is going to be a long road to recovery but I have faith I will make it. God Bless and Thank You."

So far, $4,415 has been raised toward a $75,000 goal since the fund opened Thursday.

Frost was the primary target of the shooting, a detective with the sheriff's office told a judge in court last week. Detective Joe Bennett also told the judge her condition was "grave."

Frost''s ex-boyfriend and McDonald's co-worker, Zachary Allart, 20, shot her in the face and head, according to the sheriff's office, and then shot the McDonald's manager, Denise Higgins, 36, once in the back.

When deputies responded less than a minute after the shooting was reported, they said they found him holding a gun to his head and threatening to shoot himself.

"Once confronted by officers, Allart was observed dropping the magazine and throwing the gun outside, before being taken into custody without incident," an incident report states.

Allart was arrested on two counts of attempted murder and pleaded not guilty. He was indicted Thursday on two counts of attempted murder, four counts of felonious assault and one count of having weapons while under disability.

Allart remains on suicide watch at the Hamilton County jail in lieu of $4 million bond.

Copyright 2017 WXIX. All rights reserved.