HAMILTON COUNTY, OH (FOX19) - Hamilton County residents are invited to compost their Christmas trees and holiday greenery by bringing the materials to one of the county's three Yard Trimmings Drop-off Sites.
Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District's free program will accept organic materials Jan. 6 and Jan. 13 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Trees and greenery will be composted.
Locations for the yard trimmings drop-off sites are:
- East, Bzak Landscaping, 3295 Turpin Lane (off Rt. 32) in Anderson Township
- Bzak Landscaping will also open Jan. 9 through Jan. 13 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- West, Kuliga Park, 6717 Bridgetown Rd. in Green Township
- North, Rumpke Sanitary Landfill, 3800 Struble Road (and Colerain Avenue) in Colerain Township
Residents are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Whole Christmas trees are accepted; residents should remove all ornaments, tinsel, tree bags, etc.
- Brush and tree branches from the yard should be cut into lengths of four feet or less – branches must not exceed one foot in diameter.
- Bundle brush and tree branches with twine -- bundles must not be heavier than 50 pounds or;
- Bring yard trimmings to the location in containers or bags -- brown paper bags preferred. Containers and plastic bags will be returned.
- Hamilton County residents only. Bring proof of residency.
- No large trailers or trucks larger than pickups.
- No pallets, boards, nails, fence, wire, bricks, stones, or soil accepted.
- All children must stay inside vehicles.
- Landscapers and commercial establishments are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Illegal dumping is prohibited.
For more information, call the Recycling Hotline at 946-7766, visit HamiltonCountyRecycles.org, or interact on Twitter (@HamCoRecycling) and Facebook (Facebook.com/HamiltonCountyRecycling).