CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - African-American Cincinnati police and firefighters are awarding scholarships to students at an annual Martin Luther King Jr. banquet Saturday night.
The scholarships, each for $500, will be presented to to six Cincinnati Public Schools students at the event at the Westin Hotel Downtown.
Cocktails start at 6 p.m. and the presentation begins at 7 p.m.
Keynote speaker will be CPS Superintendent Laura Mitchell.
The scholarship money was raised over the past year through fundraisers held by the Sentinel Police Association and Cincinnati African-American Firefighters Association (CAFA).
The students are:
- Sydney Wyatt
- Meccah Betts
- Faith Stewart
- Tatianna Gabriel
- Jayda Rogers
- Moses Harris
The Sentinel Police Association also will swear in their new executive board members:
- President: Cincinnati Police Officer Louis Arnold Sr.
- Vice President: Lt. Danita Pettis
- Treasurer: Sgt. Olivia Greer Brown
- Sgt. in Arms: Officer David Dovier
- Business Manager: Sgt. Cassandra Tucker
- Financial Secretary: Officer Sabreen Robinson
- Secretary: Officer Alisha Stevenson