CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - As the saying goes: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. With that in mind, Chef Bambina stopped by the FOX19 NOW studio to share a recipe you might want to try out at home.
What you need:
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough (we used Grands, which are slightly bigger)
- 6 eggs
- Maggi Seasoning
- Sauteed Peppers and onions
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage, any flavor
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cast iron or glass pan
What you do:
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage and peppers and onions over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, Maggi and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through. (read tips above)
- Add not cheese at the end and top with extra biscuit gravy
- Optional: Garnish with green onion