READING, Ohio (AP) - One of the workers critically hurt by fumes Wednesday is doing better at a Cincinnati hospital.
But Rohm and Haas says another employee at the chemical company's Reading plant is still in a coma. The two men were exposed to a gas that leaked in a part of the plant, and both are still listed in critical condition at University Hospital.
But a Rohm and Haas spokesman says 55-year-old Richard Clark of Aurora is awake and talking. The company says 53-year-old William Cromer of Fayetteville has not seen much improvement.
The spokesman says the two are being treated as if they were exposed to poisonous hydrogen sulfide gas, though the company doesn't know where it would have come from.
Copyright 2006 By The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
A man was shot outside a Blue Ash business Wednesday morning when he intervened and protected the intended victim, a female co-worker, Blue Ash police said.Full Story >
Britain is set to formally file for divorce from the European Union, ending a 44-year relationship following the decision made by U.K. voters in a referendum nine months ago.Full Story >
Ford is recalling more than 440,000 vehicles in North America to fix problems that can cause engine fires and doors to open unexpectedly.Full Story >
The suspect who tried to ram a police car during a traffic stop is in custody. The incident is not related to terrorism.Full Story >